Wednesday, August 24, 2011

First Days of School

Sorry I have been MIA for awhile. The students started this week and it has been crazy! Our enrollment went up by almost 100 new families. We have been having so much fun but with a new school wide rule program and so many new to the school children I have barely had time to sleep. (Not to mention an 8 month old who is going through mommy withdrawl)

Our first day of school went without a hitch. We are learning about our 3 B's (be respectful, be safe, be ready to learn). We created first day of school pictures and learned all about our school.

We also started the Daily 5. This is my second year using this for my reading block and I love it! All my Fabulous First Graders learn to become better readers and independent workers. So far this week we have learned about the 3 ways to read a book, and building staminia during Read to Self. It takes about 5-6 weeks to fully introduce all the steps but taking your time pays off in the end.

Sorry I don't have any pictures to post today. I promise there will be pictures coming later this week! Have a great night in blog-land.

Separator

No comments:

Post a Comment